To me, life is not about diamonds or pearls, not about living in bungalows and driving branded cars. Life, at the end of the day, its about going home to the one you love dearly whom you would do just anything and everything for.
Today’s Friday, and tomorrow is Saturday!! Woohoo~
Christmas is getting closer and closer now, Christmas trees with ornaments, LED light bulbs, all the decorations are up by now in my company’s main building entrance. They hanged socks at the door knots too :-) I was told that we’re not allowed to take pics at the reception area which has also been decorated but shhh…tell nobody ok..I’ll try to get some shots hehe..shhhh~ U dunno me meh..I very jahat one, kakaka :p
The only thing I can remember about this week’s work…and already have phobia of…is the scanning thingy. It’s the end of the year now, so we gotta do TNI, which stands for Training Needs Identification and TNA, Training Needs Analysis. We will need to scan training brochures given by external training providers and training consultants. I was basically in front of the PC in the resource center on wed, thu and today, scanning these 13cm high pile of brochures, piece by piece, it all in the end sum up to 245 records. If you think 200 pieces are nothing, if u think is ‘sap sap water’ case, u just try to do it and see hehe. Then, next week onwards, we will upload these brochures that are saved in jpeg files to the newly created intranet web. It is a website just being designed and created by the IT personnel for us. Then, the staff can log in to the web and they have to identify their own training needs (means what training they think they need in year 2006). They can choose the training programs themselves by viewing these attached training brochures (scanned by me lor). After they have chosen, me and my supervisor will do the analysis and arrange the training for them in 2006.
I wonder if you readers actually read the previous paragraph and if you all understand the process. It’s ok…you will understand if you’re already in the workforce. Everybody will go thru that afterall.
Ho ho ho, guess what? You know what my supervisor told me juz now? She was smirking one kind and said this : “大姐很看得起你噢”. Direct translation: “Big Sister looks highly on you oh” Well, big sister is my manager, we call her ‘da jie’. I was like “huh..what happen ar”. Rupa-rupanya, my manager has assigned me a BIG assignment/task!! This is my first BIG task since I joined Cubic, you know.
My manager wants me to give a briefing (that means presentation) about that new web-based training application which I have juz blogged about above. The thing is…I’m not presenting and speaking in front of the operators, or some non-exempt staff, instead I’ll be briefing SUPERVISORS and MANAGERS from all departments. Oh! My! Gawd!
I have done presentation in front of coursemates and lecturers but HOD ( Head of Departments)?? All the managers will then know my existence in Cubic. Well, I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing, instead it’s a good opportunity man. Either they will know me as the poor presenter or the ok-lah presenter. But I will definitely put full effort in preparing for the briefing and give my best. I’m only worry if those HOD start throwing me questions I dunno how to answer. I’m also very very new to the system, I may not know it myself. Mann, I really need to familiarize myself with it in the first place.
I dunno if my supervisor is really fine with that delegation done by the manager. She was the one who liase with IT personnel on how she wants the system to be what title to put and stuff. She knows much more about the system than me. I’m still fresh and green in the company ok. She told me this.
Supervisor: Da jie remembers what you told her during the interview. You said you are ok with public speaking. Now she is asking you to give the briefing already. Your English better, so she asks you to do it.
My supervisor seems ok with everything. I guess she is glad that I’m the one who gotta present and not her. But, I hope no jealousy cases will creep in man…
I hope I dun sound overly confident here. Coz I’m NOT really THAT confident anyway. I’m juz motivating myself wahahaha. Anyway, I will try my very best. I got abit takut leh, but I wont waste this golden opportunity to prove to all that I am a capable employee. I need to carry out this task well, I need to leave my manager with a good impression. I need to do this well enuf to get confirmed man. If ever things go wrong, sigh. My confirmation will be less promising adi. Shaky status. Gosh, the more I think of it, the more stressful I will be. Oh no~~